Whenever I go on a trip the first thing I tend to do is make an iPod or CD mix for the journey (or when I had my old Vauxhall Corsa – mix tapes). Me and my boyfriend have done this every time we’ve been away together whether it’s been for a plane trip, a drive around Yorkshire or music to listen to over dinner in a cottage in rural Scotland.
So when he surprised me with the news of our forthcoming trip to Paris, we immediately started planning a playlist we could listen to on the Eurostar.
Unsurprisingly, we’ve started making a Spotify playlist with a few French and Parisian-themed songs including:
- La valse d’Amelie – Yann Tiersen
- Quelqu-un M’a Dit – Carla Bruni
- Paris 2004 – Peter Bjorn and John
- À la claire fontaine
- April in Paris – Billie Holiday
- Paris – Friendly Fires
- I Love Paris – Ella Fitzgerald
- La vie en rose – Edith Piaf
- Music from the Ratatouille soundtrack
- Guilty – George Shearing
- and on Nial’s insistence… Foux du Fafa – Flight of the Conchords!
So far, so obvious really, but we’re on the lookout for more. The journey takes a couple of hours!